Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Interview with 2009 Honoree Rosemary Serluca Foster


I recently had the honor and privilege of not only interviewing Rosemary, but also had the pleasure of meeting her in NYC at Book Expo America. Rosemary is the author of Genevieve’s Gift: A Child’s Joyful Tale of Connecting with her Intuitive Heart.

This connection was special for me for two reasons. During my last pregnancy with my 4th child (2nd daughter) I considered naming her Genevieve. And the other special reason is that my work is intuitive parenting and working with intuitive children through heart centered connections. As you can tell, Rosemary's book is aligned directly with those principles.

Rosemary's company is Rosedove Productions, LLC located in Nyack, NY and she is married to her wonderful husband Doug Foster. She has four godchildren whom she adores: Lauren, Chelsea, Antonia and Ian and feels that all the children and adults she works with on a deep level become part of her extended family. I asked Rosemary some questions about her book and here's what she had to say.

Tara: What was the inspiration for your product?

Rosemary: I began to observe children around me who were losing their intuitive and creative spark as they got older through peer pressure and unconscious parenting, and felt moved to create something specifically for children that they could relate to; something to help them keep in touch with that deeply present, and intuitive part of themselves.

Tara: Rosemary, I couldn't agree with you more. My book Raising Intuitive Children is aligned specifically with the need to educate parents about what it means to raise intuitive children. What I have found through the feedback about the book, is that parents themselves are beginning to recover their own intuitive knowing and memories.

Did you have an aha moment; was it inspired by something you were doing or someplace you were visiting; a person in your life?

Rosemary: Oh yes! I was on a meditation retreat, sitting next to an idyllic pond. I began journaling and wrote the sentence—“teach children about intuition.” It felt like someone had commanded me. So I followed the order, so to speak, and created my children’s workshop called Kids-R-Intuitive, which is comprised of exercises, visualizations, crafts and games to help children tap into their inner and creative voice, and then wrote the book, Genevieve’s Gift.

Tara: How wonderful. So many of us are being called to re-ignite this sense for our children.

When did you first come up with your idea?

Rosemary: After that meditation retreat, I felt something important was about to be born through me. Being that I am a writer, it felt natural to create a book. I constantly relied on my own intuition to bring this project to life. I was in fact, living the journey of connecting with and following that small still voice inside, just like the main character does. And it was through the same heart connection meditation that I teach children in my workshops, that I first got a glimpse of what Genevieve looked like, who is very similar to my sweet, intuitive goddaughter Antonia.

Tara: Who is your greatest source of support; why?

Rosemary: Without a doubt my husband Doug. He is, and has always been very supportive of my creativity and writing, not to mention he is a very kind and steady, and reminds me to take a step back and look at the big picture, especially when things “appear” not to be falling into place.

Tara: We have the "supportive husband" blessing in common. Someone told me it's the divine masculine we are beginning to see in men. Whatever it is, I am grateful to have one :o)

If you could offer one piece of advice to someone who is thinking of venturing into this line of work, what would it be?

Rosemary: Listen to your intuition every step of the way. I cannot stress enough how important this is. The journey of how this book came to be is a story in and of itself, and the common thread throughout that journey is the synchronistic events that kept me moving forward. That’s not to say it wasn’t challenging, for it definitely was at times. But that’s part of the growth experience that none of us can, or should avoid. My job was to listen and follow. You’ll feel so much better after you've tried something you're dreaming about doing.

Tara: Absolutely so true! If you don't listen to that inner voice, you miss the blessings that are waiting for all of us on this journey we call life.

What has it meant to you personally or to the success of your product to have been honored with a Mom’s Choice Award?

Rosemary: It is a great honor and validation of my work. I am so grateful to have been awarded by an organization that celebrates the same values that I hold dear in my own work, integrity, consciousness and compassion.

Tara: What are your future plans; what’s next for you as a writer?

Rosemary: I am continually writing and working on other projects that include: content for websites, magazine articles, ghostwriting and editing books, and TV scripts. I would love to have a publisher acquire Genevieve’s Gift (any ideas or introductions are so very welcome!) and also create a whole series of Genevieve's Gift books, (I have many adventures in mind for our heroine.)

Tara: Anything you would like to add?

Rosemary: Just that it has been an absolute pleasure working with the Mom’s Choice Awards organization. The entire staff is so gracious, helpful and warm. I feel very blessed to have been in connection with all of you. Thanks and many blessings!

Thank you Rosemary. We are so pleased to have the caliber of books, a book like yours brings to the world. Many blessings to you as well!

No comments:

Alumni Review- Some Babues Are Wild, Marion Dane Bauer

Some Babies Are Wild
Marion Dane Bauer, Author
Stan Tekiela, Photographer
Adventure Publications
820 Cleveland Street S.,
Cambridge, MN,
550089781591930846 $14.95 http://www.adventurepublications.net/

Sara Hassler- Reviewer

Enjoy a stolen moment in nature with little baby animals in Some Babies AreWild. Magical pictorials present individual stories of Mother Nature's youngest creatures caught off guard. Furry paws, fuzzy faces, prickly bodiesand big round eyes consume each spread with their activity, vulnerability and innocence. Author, Marion Dane Bauer's rhythmic text leads readers down a breathtaking nature trail of remarkable photography. Photographer, StanTekiela and his camera has opened an extraordinary window for readers topeer through. The flash of his shutter has captured animals in their private habitats, on their own and with family, in the wild. Readers will delight with the Animal Extras and Did You Know? educational section included in the back of the book. Fun and surprising baby animal facts highlight each animal pictured in the story. Some Babies Are Wild will fill readers with the joy of nature and family. This is a must have book for animal lovers of all ages and children who are interested in wildlife.

Contest Giveaway

Contest Giveaway
To enter to receive your free autographed copy of my book, send me an email at founder@justformom.com. Each month I will select one email at random to receive a copy.

Founder's blog

My photo
A Certified Coach for Parents of Intuitives, Tara Paterson is raising four highly intuitive children with her husband. She is also the co-author of the book- Raising Intuitive Children, a syndicated columnist, parent advisor, and author of 100 plus parenting and spiritual articles. In 2004, she launched Moms In Print, a publishing company that assists “mom” authors. The following year, she created the Mom’s Choice Awards®, which assists mothers in selecting products and services for their families.

Paterson has appeared on CBS 48 Hours, the Today Show with Katie Couric, CNN with Anderson Cooper, the Early Show, and she is the founder and spokesperson for the Mom’s Choice Awards and an expert blogger for the Partnership for a Drug Free America.

She has been featured in the Washington Post, Newsweek, the Loudoun Magazine and quoted in the USA Today and Parenting Magazine. She has also been interviewed on several radio programs and has appeared as a spokeswoman on several national TV affiliates across the country.